History & Mission
Thomasville Center for the Arts serves as a catalyst for artistic expression, arts education, and creative economy in Thomasville, Georgia and the surrounding region. Learn about the Center in this short documentary film, shot in 2015 by Joe Karably. Funding provided by the Williams Family Foundation of Georgia.
East Side School, constructed in 1915, was Thomasville’s first school built with public funding. In 1975 the school closed and fell into disrepair, but a group of citizens passionate about historic preservation rallied together to protect the building. Today, it is now the Thomasville Center for the Arts. We strive to fulfill and preserve not only the beloved building, but also uphold the values of education, growth and community built by the East Side School team. TCA is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.