- Works with internal and external event planning committees to define event goals, objectives and special event plans.
- Develops and maintains event action plans and timelines.
- Establishes events expense budgets based on annual income goals.
- Guides and advises new volunteer event chairs.
- Manages the work of staff Events Coordinator and interns.
- Oversees procurement process for all vendors.
- Establishes communication protocols and event operating procedures.
- Sources and secures venues and vendors.
- Organizes volunteer committees and develops job responsibilities.
- Works with Marketing team to design events to reach target markets and identify revenue streams outside of sponsorships.
- Works with Development team to design events that are attractive to sponsors and partners.
- Works with Programs teams to integrate the visual, literary, performing and applied arts into events.
- Organizes post event briefing sessions and provides event analyses, budget recaps and participant feedback for future events.
- Assesses event risks and creates crisis management plans.
- Conducts research and feasibility studies to identify new event opportunities.
- Bachelors Degree and 5 years of successful events logistics experience.
- Working knowledge of onsite events management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Apple Mac.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to engage and influence staff, volunteers, donors, vendors and partners.
- Keen attention to detail with particular emphasis on budget management and written communications.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve goals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with capacity to multi-task.
- Professional, neat appearance with pleasant demeanor.
Working Conditions & Physical Tasks:
- Must have ability to communicate via voice by telephone, read and speak English, and generate written communication manually and using a computer.
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time, lift and move documents and supplies up to 25 lbs., and bend or reach to file and retrieve documents.
- Position involves regular in-town travel and occasional out of area travel.
- Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle is required.
- Occasional weekend and evening availability required.
Commensurate with experience. Thomasville Center for the Arts offers employer paid dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage.
To apply, please submit a tailored cover letter and resume to email@example.com or click the link below.
Position will remain open until filled. Thomasville Center for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who contribute to the diversity of our organization are encouraged to apply.